Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ah! It's too bad too look at!


This is a flyer I discovered while walking to the elevator this evening. It initially grabbed my attention because of the bight red paper it was printed on. As I looked at it more, I found myself wondering why the consistency? Virtually all of the text is bolded and there is a lack of hierarchy. The point of the flyer is to get people to join the a'capella group "The Golden Blues", but the name of the group is hardly legible amongst a flyer that is bold and barely readable. The only thing that truly stands out is the curvature of the headline text, but even that is not a font much larger than the rest to separate it from the rest. The worst part is there is no grid, just centered text that all looks the same. Good flyer huh?


No comments: