Thursday, February 25, 2010

ACL Band Posters


In Typography II, we were assigned a semester long project where were submit 2 posters a week utilizing diverse typographic systems. Each week we are given a new system to work with a band of our choice. This week I have chosen the political and edgy band, State Radio. I wanted to create two different posters of different meaning. The first poster I wanted to capture the edginess of the band with a tilted linear axis for the type to branch off of. The second poster I created an illustration of Uncle Sam with inspiration from Ralph Steadman. It is created entirely out of a traditional quill pen and India Ink. I wanted to show the political side of the band and they're feelings toward American Politics. For this one, I used a offset linear axis to the left. The images are the rough draft copies and were later refined and edited.

No comments: